Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Tokyo and a new MFT card!

I'm just popping in here to explain why I've been so quiet lately and why I have been so crappy at returning comments. Sorry - but we have spent a little more than a week in Tokyo, Japan and I never found time to blog. Today I thought I'd share some pictures from our trip. We had a fantastic time and saw and did so many things. I fell head over heels in love with this amazing city.

 
The famous Shibuya crossing.

 
How I miss to pop in to get some yummy pieces of sushi for lunch - usually just a dollar per piece...


... and this is what I Think I miss the most -  the view from our hotel - Grand Pacific Daiba. We stayed on the 27th floor where every evening there was cocktail hours between 6 and 8 - with panoramic windows and this view. It was amzing and I felt like I was part in "Lost in Translation" every night (-:

 
The Imperial Palace (photo - Ted Nömm)

 
The Sensoji Shrine

 
 Akibura - Electronic city and Odaiba ferris wheel


Toyota Showroom - Ted got to drive across his favorite part of Tokyo - The Rainbow Bridge and then the Statue of Liberty (!)

 
Our breakfast view of Mount Fuji

 
and Ted's birthday present - a visit to Tokyo DisneyLand!



And as promised in the headline I also have a new MFT card to share:



For it I used the super fun speech bubble and heart from Die-namics Photo Booth Props - I just love that the bubble has an outline too - it creates such great detail - especially when you make window cards like this. The sentiment is from the fun Friends stampset.

Die-namics Photo Booth Props
Friends stampset
Adhesive Sheets

Have a great Tuesday everyone, hugs, Karin

8 comments:

lostinpaper said...

How awesome! Looks like you had a blast, thanks so much for sharing your pics!

Lisa Elton said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time Karin, great photos!! I love the black outline on your speech bubble, what a terrific card!!

I Card Everyone said...

Oh I do so hope to make it there one day, Karin! Thanks for sharing your wonderful pictures... and of course that darling card!
=] Michele

~amy~ said...

Awesome Karin! Love all your photos.
Your card is FABulous!

Happy Dance said...

*sigh* Looks like a wonderful trip, filled with amazing memories! How wonderful that you got to go and see Tokyo! And I'm loving this card you've made! The black around the speech bubble is wonderful, and the dp and black, shiny heart is very cool! Very cool. Thanks for sharing your holiday photos! Bev

Miriam Prantner said...

Looks like a fantastic trip! Love that card too, that sentiment set is one of my all time favorites!

Kara Lynne said...

Looks like a wonderful trip! That is one great sentiment and perfect focus in that speech bubble!

Emily Lauritzen said...

Your trip looks amazing! How awesome to see so many wonderful sites! And your card is adorable!! That sentiment is absolutely perfect!!
<3 Emily L.